January 15 was to be the original deadline for PlayBuilders "The PlayFestival" and we do not have enough plays in hand to actually hold a festival. But I am not giving up! This is our 5th annual festival and I am very proud that PlayBuilders hast been able to provide this wonderful opportunity for local playwrights all these years. So, I am turning to you for help, because you have either participated in our festival in the past or you, in some way, are involved with supporting playwrights in Hawaiʻi.
Here is updated news regarding The PlayFestival. Please notice we have some date and place changes and we have loosened some of the requirements:
- The play submission window has been extended to February 15.
- We are accepting plays from youth under 18 as well as adults. Plays written by youth will be given their own special night.
- We are open to all plays but prefer plays half an hour or less, with a focus on place.
- The festival is being held as part of Kumu Kahua's "Dark Night Series" on April 3,4, and 5th.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent out March 1, 2015. First come first served, so the sooner you get your play in, the better chance you have of getting accepted.
- $100 Prizes for "Best Play" and "Audience Favorite" will be awarded.
- Please send your plays to email@example.com
Word of mouth is the strongest form of marketing. Please feel free to forward this Email to your playwright friends. Mahalo nui loa!