PlayBuilders of Hawai'i
OUR 5 YEAR PLAN
PlayBuilders of Hawaii Theater Company has taken up residency in a variety of locations to serve the needs of Hawaii’s communities and has cultivated strong relationships with local theater makers, helping organizations, social workers, and educational institutions to facilitate our community work. Over the next 5 years we plan to continue to build on those relationships because we strongly believe that theater is a way for people to safely explore their lives and to help effect positive change in our communities.
- Marion Lyman-Mersereau has been commissioned to write a community based play with and for missionary descendants, in collaboration with the Hawaiian Mission Houses Historic Site and Archives. William Ha'o and Mark Branner have committed to directing. The play will run during the 2020 bicentennial acknowledgement of the arrival of the Thaddeus in Honolulu. –November 2020
- Domestic Abuse Survivors (2021)
- A Geographic Community Yet to be Selected (2021)
- Hawaiian Descendants Community (2022)
- The PlayFestival will continue to be presented annually
- Our 5 year plan between 2020 and 2025 is currently under review.